Week ago we had our last "session" at school and it seems i have had too much on my mind for remembering to share my thoughts here also!
All of us had different kinds of interpretation about sound creativity and how it's created. I was the only one on the course who had enjoyed beforehand Dave's view towards world of sound. That's why I had some thoughts what to expect about course dealing sound creativity.
Some of us had magnificent live performances with their sound pieces. Aleksi had a plot about revengeful barber and combined it perfectly with live acting and props! I was really entertaining, especially when he had the smalltalk with the "client". I had my hairdresser appointment on that day but luckily my hair wasn't cut such a artistic way ;)
Jussi made perfectly calculated performance with his sound composition and guitar playing skills. I was really entertaining to see how he was enjoying the playing(or did he enjoy..?). On first part of the performance there was some bird-sounds he played on guitar but sadly I didn't catch them. Overall the show showed us that he is an artist!
Then there was "The Secret-Ones" who had also a physical experience besides sounds. There I was sitting in the pitch-dark room and wondering how the actors managed to move from place to place! At the beginning of the performance when the lights had turned out (btw nice acting, for a second I thought the lights really shouldn't go off ;) ) I was quite creeped when I heard someone moving behind me. Luckly no-one touched me so I did not need to bounce off my chair! The part when there was quick flash from someone's face was fun detail -it keeped my eyes open for the rest of the time. Overall nice work in such a little amount of time!
Then many of us played our compositions without any live performance. All of them was original and some of them told a story. There was a horror movie and medieval blacksmith and somehow we had piece of Robin's Frontside Ollie also ;)
My piece had a lot of sounds. I edited one sound project for 12 hours and then decided I didn't like it because I had forced it out. So I did radical things and ended up combining part of all of my recorded sound clips into one composition, end up having maybe 70 layers of sound (but not the same time!).
I was wondering if i should edit the sound itself more. But i have no "musical skills" to do that in a way I could have pleased myself so i ended up not to. Therefore there are some sounds wich can be pretty easily identified what they're recorded from.
After this course ended I have noticed that I really like the fast clicking sound wich vacuum cleaner makes when it sucks in the gravels from the shoes!
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti