lauantai 12. tammikuuta 2013

Blirps

I've been recording and playing with Audacity for two days now. I have about 50 clips, others long and others short. I've made all the recording here in my apartment wich has been easy and difficult at the same time: easy for being place I know well and hard for the lack of silence! My game-addicted partner seems to be playing with our home-cinema-boom-boom-speakers just when I have the flow for audio recording ;) But maybe I need to record the gameplay too so it will become part of the piece too.

I have made two different project-tryouts in Audacity what my sound piece could be, but I really don't have a clue what I'm doing :D  I knew "composing" would be hard for me because I don't know how to work with sounds to make them "listenable" ensemble. We'll see...

*As I suspected the handle for the Zoom-recording device is pretty bad: almost every recording has that irritating thud-noise if I'm holding the recorder in my hand. Maybe the mini-tripod would be more usable...

I tried to import a sound sample but blogger can't do that! and it doesn't want to add my video files either so no sample today.

2 kommenttia:

  1. try to keep hand/fingers exactly still when recording - or rest the recorder on something near the sound source... yes they are quite sensitive to movement on surface of handle or machine

    hope it goes better! :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. you can add media files to optima if blog doesnt allow it ...

    VastaaPoista